Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

God = Our GPS


Let God lead
[ photo source ]

Being someone who has a tendency to get lost take an adventure getting to new places you can believe that I am grateful for the invention of a little device called the GPS.

A GPS is great...you punch in your desired destination, fasten your seatbelt, put the car in drive and off you go.  As the voice of your GPS guides you through each turn and down each road you find yourself worry-free as you have full confidence that your GPS will deliver you right to your destination.  In fact, should you by chance take a wrong turn you even hear that little GPS-voice saying "redirecting"...and before you know it a new route to your same destination is developed.

Turning off course doesn't destroy your chances of ever arriving at your destination...yes it may make your trip a little longer BUT eventually you will arrive at your destination.

Getting completely lost is a lot harder with a GPS on board.

If you think about it...God is a lot like a GPS.  Directing and guiding us from our current destination to His planned destination for us.  He knows where we are at all times and knows how to get us to where we need to be.  The day we were born our "route" was developed and ever since then every little off-course turn that we have taken has resulted in a "re-direction".  When we make a "wrong turn" in life God simply says "uh-oh, redirecting!" and guides us back on our way to His destination for us.

What if we put as much faith in God's direction as we do in the directions our GPS spits out?  

When I flip on my GPS I have complete confidence that it's directions will lead me to where I need to be.  Though I tread through unknown territory I am worry-free because I know I have my GPS to count on.

In life God needs that same kind of faith from you and from me.  We're going to go through "unknown territory" in life and we need to know that there is no need to worry because God's got our back.  We can count on Him.  He knows the roads of life better than any other.

We must learn to allow Him to direct our steps and guide us.  He knows the best route to your destination.  Gosh, he designed your destination - let Him drive!  Sit back and enjoy the ride!

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you and watch over you."
Psalm 32:8

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3:5-6





No comments:

Post a Comment