Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Unashamedly Blemished



face
[ photo source ]
As I stood in the mirror putting my make-up on I dabbed at a little red blotch on my face with a nice glob of foundation.  Heaven forbid anyone see that little red spot.  As I made my attempts at hiding this ugly little imperfection that had decided to camp-out on my face I made a realization.

Us girls, embarrassed to let the world see our imperfections, dab the make-up on.  Covering up all the things we're ashamed or embarrassed to let the world see.

In the same way that we cover up our blemishes with make-up we cover up things in our lives.  Things that we are embarrassed or ashamed for others to know about or see.  Things that *we* think will make us less of a person in the eyes of others.  

We try to mask our imperfections and hide pieces of our lives.

It's like we're playing a game of hide-and-seek with the world.  One minute we're out in the open and the next we're off hiding somewhere.  

We walk around with these masks on trying to make the world believe that we have it all together, that we are without a flaw, and that we're something we're not. Life isn't really a masquerade ball though, is it?!


I'm blemished.  I'm imperfect.  And so are you.


Here we stand in our imperfect lives trying to hide all the little details we don't like or don't think
"look good".  What a slam that must be to a God who oh so thoughtfully and uniquely hand-crafted each and everyone one of us!  A God who created us in His own image.  A God who knit us together in our mothers womb. A God who so fearfully and wonderfully breathed the very breath of life into each of us.  


Here we stand as unique individuals crafted for a unique purpose and instead we're opting to hide from the world the very things that make us unique and perfect in the eyes of God!

The good news?  Though we ourselves are imperfect, we serve a perfect God.

I stand here in my imperfections and I choose to be unashamedly blemished.  

Will you join me in removing the masks that we hide our lives behind and instead embrace our imperfections?


" For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mothers womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well."
~ Psalm 139:13-14 ~

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I needed to hear these words today!!!

    ReplyDelete