Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

God's ideal > Your ideal

Be YOU.
[ photo source ]


"Don't try to change your DNA to fit some kind of 'ideal'." -Clayton King



I'm guilty.  Maybe I don't know you, but I'm pretty sure you're probably guilty too.  You may ask "so what exactly are we guilty of?"...well let me tell you!

I think the quote that I posted at the beginning of this post sums up this topic perfectly:  "Don't try to change your DNA to fit some kind of 'ideal'."  

 
We, as humans, have this crazy ability to create in our minds this "person" that we believe we should become.  We build up in our minds this ideal lifestyle and ideal "person" that we strive to become.  

We try to change who we are to become someone we *think* is better.
We start flooding our minds with the thoughts of "If only...."
"If only I was more like this...."
"If only I was better at that...."
"If only I could do this...."
"If only...."
 ....and so starts the vicious cycle of "if only".

(so was I right yet in my prediction that you're guilty too?) 

We try so hard to change who we are that we end up trying to change our DNA just like the quote I mentioned earlier said.   

But here is where we draw the line.....

Have we forgotten that God created us the way we are for a purpose?  Have we forgotten that our DNA is OUR DNA because no one else on the planet is made to do what we were made to do?   Have we forgotten that God's "ideal" for us far exceeds our "ideal" for ourselves?

You were made with the very abilities, talents, and desires that God chose JUST FOR YOU.  To think that there is NO ONE else on the ENTIRE planet that has the EXACT same DNA as yourself is a crazy-mind-blowing thought!  Why do we so often find ourselves wanting to "cash in" our DNA for someone else then?!  

It all comes down to being content with who we are in the very skin we're in.  It takes us reminding ourselves that our very own DNA has a purpose.  We were built a certain way because of the plan God has on our life that is so unique only we can do it.  

It all comes in knowing that God has a plan for you and who He made you to be.
So let us stop trying to change our DNA in order to fit into these "ideals" that we come up with in our minds.  Let us rid those thoughts from our minds.  Let us instead fill our minds with reassurance that we are who we are FOR A PURPOSE! 

Do you believe that God created you with a "you-specific" DNA for a purpose intended solely for you?   
 
"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
- Ephesians 2:10 -

"'For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
- Jeremiah 29:11 - 


1 comment:

  1. Great post Erica,
    This topic has been bouncing around in my head and my heart, so thank you so much for the truth and the scripture to back it up. Love you!! And keep blogging, cause we all need these daily reminders! God is using you greatly!!

    ReplyDelete