Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Confessions of a control freak...


"I'm not a control freak, I just want it how I want it."
[ photo source ]
Here you have it:  Confessions of a control freak. 
 
Maybe this doesn't come as news to any of you but I've come to realize that I'm a control freak.  I tend to have this need to take-over and have control over certain things.  I tend to like to be the one in charge.  (Miss Bossy pants when I was 4, why would it be any different now?)

Besides realizing (or maybe it's more like finally admitting) that I'm a control freak I've come to see and realize that with God that doesn't really work.  He doesn't exactly "roll that way".  Know what I'm sayin'?  

I guess you could say God's a control freak Himself...and His control freakness ways overrule any of those tendencies I may possess.   
He's boss.
He rules.
He's in control...not me. 
ALL.  THE.  TIME.

I can have control over what I eat for breakfast, or what I wear for the day, but I CAN'T be a control freak when it comes to my life and my relationship with Christ.  I can try to manipulate and state the way things should be in my life but at the end of the day God has final say. There is simply no room for my control freakness ways in my relationship with Christ.  It's not ever "I" because it's always "Him"!  

Realizing that there's no room for me to be in control can be a daunting thought, but when I look at who's in control I realize that I'm okay with handing over my control freakness for once....

....I realize that maybe sometimes it's better to let someone else have a turn.  And who better to let have a turn than God with your very life!  I say it's worth the forfeit of being in control because He knows what He's doing.  HIS ways are higher.  HIS ways are better.

"'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are you ways my ways.' 
declares the Lord . 'As the heavens are higher than the earth, 
so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.'"
~Isaiah 55:8-9

 

No comments:

Post a Comment