Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

T.G.I.F

TGIF
[ photo source ]

T.G.I.F...Yes we're all thankful that it's Friday as we look forward to the weekend ahead of us.
But I don't want to waste my time here talking about how wonderful Friday is and how wonderful the weekend will be (though I too am thankful for it).  

Let's talk about T.G.I.F in another way.... Today God Is First.

Since the accronym T.G.I.F is so versatile why not enjoy two of its meanings on this very Friday afternoon?! 

Let's take a moment today to consciously make the decision to put God first.  In every aspect of our day and the week ahead of us allow us to make this choice.  Let us not lose sight of our decision as we face the hustle and bustle of weekend plans.  Allow us to remember that God goes first.  

Above everything else that goes on throughout the rest of your Friday remember that God is first.  Remember that He goes before a struggle you may be having today as well as a joyous praise worthy moment that you may encounter.  

Let's take a moment to set aside our day and say "God, this has to be about you.  You take priority.  You're first."

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness..."
~Matthew 6:33 

No comments:

Post a Comment